Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Xmas in Australia

This is the first year I celebrated my Christmas in Australia. Most of the time, I will go to a pub earlier and sat there until the countdown. But this time is different. This year I celebrated a proper Christmas. The day before Christmas Eve, I started seasoning my shiraz chicken wing (because there is a Bring A Plate Party on Xmas Eve in Ammie’s house). Xmas Eve started with waking up late in the arvo and have had my chicken wings baked. While baking the chicken wings, I went to Altona Gate to buy liquor; a bottle of wine for Mel and a bottle of Smirnoff Triple Distilled Vodka. At about 4’oclock in the arvo, I started travelling to Ammie house.

Reached Clayton and was tricked by Ammie who was too lazy to come to the train station to fetch me. I was given a brief direction instead. When I reached her house, she still hasn’t finished cooking the main dishes. Sat there and watch Beautiful Cooking. Oh, I missed that Hong Kong show. Wayne and Ludwina still haven’t come…

When everyone was here, and Ammie finished cooking her foods, we began our fest. The only meat we had were chicken wings. Shiraz chicken wings, Organo chicken wings, Sambal chicken wings, etc. This is my first quiet Xmas Eve. Even outside was very quiet. Everyone went back to their family for Xmas, something like Chinese New Year in Malaysia.

But of course, we still drink a lot of liquor! After white wine, we started with vodka. When we were too drunk to do anything, we just head to the beds! Hehehe.

The next morning, I was woken up by Mel. Too blur to remember what she was saying. Something like the train to her house was 2.30pm. Mel, my Aussie ex-housemate, invited me to her family Xmas party! It was hailing and raining that day, and they said this Xmas was the coldest Xmas in record; with highest temperature at 19 degree centigrade. Mel’s house party was cool; Ammie, Wayne and I are the only people who are not her relatives. Foods were awesome and the champagne was unbelievable. As much as I liked there, I need to go back to my aunt house at 5pm… Nevertheless, Mel’s mom managed to give me some lobster which I guess is their entrée.

I reached home just in time for my aunt big fest. Once again there were awesome foods and liquor. Well, this Xmas is my most stomach-filling’s Xmas. Better start exercising when I go back Churchill. But tomorrow, which was the Boxing Day, I need to start travelling to Adelaide.

PS: Pictures were not taken because we were too busy eating!

No comments: