Monday, January 15, 2007

Dreams 夢 (Yume)

After a long talk with my mom back in Malaysia, she told me about my long lost childhood friend, Wei Chee. During we were young, about high school period, both of us have the same dream. Both of us wanted to go Japan so damn hard, that everything around us evolve just for it. Both of us wanted to study, work and live in Japan. I still have no idea why I think Japan is the ideal country for me... Do tell me, if you know of anything. Haha

It was about that time that both of us lost contacts, until A-Level Year12, if I recalled correctly. Both of us are in the same High Intermediate Japanese class in Penang Japanese Language Society. Whether I followed his dream or he followed mine, I don't really know and care. I was a Japan freak/ Japanese wannabe/ anything Japan guy. If you are in the same high school as I did, you sure know that.

After A-Level, I left Penang and went to Kuala Lumpur to start my Science degree, at the same time, bowed down to the idea of me going to Japan to study. Just bloody expensive. There is no way my parent will support my this dream. After departing, I did not get his mobile number and he did not call me either. Once again our contacts are lost. What I've heard from my mother, through his mother, was that he went to Singapore to work. If not mistaken as a waiter.

Years gone past and it was already second year of my Science degree. I am happy with what I have achieved. I still attend Japanese class in KL. 日本語は私の生命...
Just before I was about to take off to The Down Under, I heard that he went Japan with his own hard earned money. He will be starting his new life in The Land of the Rising Sun, while I will be in the Down Under. His is a long time dream, but mine is just follow what faith brought me.

He made me really think hard. Am I not work hard enough for that dream? My dream will always be a mere dream, but his, his dream turns reality.

あなたの夢のために一生懸命働けば, 夢が本当になるよ
Anata no yume no tame-ni isshyokenme hatarakeba, yume ga honto ni naru yo

しかし, 私の夢はただの夢
shikashi, watashi no yume wa tada no yume (desu)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dream will always remain a dream if we do nothing about it. From today onwards, let's work hard towards our dreams ya? You to Japan and me to UK, haha ^^

Leon-G said...

how do I work for my dream of studying in Japan when I am about to graduate? And honours....

Well, my this dream is hard to succeed, unless I go there for visit. But you can still do it!!! Gambatteyo!

Anonymous said...

"He will be starting his new life in The Land of the Rising Sun, while I will be in the Down Under."

I just love it!!! Fantastic sentence for me to quote!!!

It's as if one is starting a new life filled with hope and sunshine while the other is living a life of darkness and sadness. The fact is, it's just two different places, with different people, culture and lifestyle, which doesn't necessarily one being better than the other!!!

Leon-G said...

Hahaha, I did not notice it until you told me so!

I wasn't that unhappy about it. My friend TJ was saying "Hello, you are in AUS..."

Now I got my new dream and I will go after it!