Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Not my time yet

There are three conversations I would like to include into this entry. Then I will explain why!!!

First Conversation
Over MSN Messenger with Jonie. I think this conversation was about 1 months old... But I constantly get the same questions over and over again, by some other people I mean.

Jonie says: Hey lex, can you help me out with my microbiology assignments?

Lex says : Yeah why not.

*blah
blah
blah....*

Jonie says: when are you coming back?

Lex says: I had no idea. Maybe June, maybe November, or maybe December.

Jonie says: Yeah so you will be back for my Bday?

Lex says: we'll see!!!!Hahhaha

*blah blah blah*

Second Conversation
When I was on the phone wishing Bon-voyage to Jocelyn (Joce). She went back to Malaysia like 2 months ago. She was sleeping in Sydney Airport; sleep, bath, eat etc etc. cause no accomodation in Sydney that day.....

Joce said: Hello

Lex said: Yello, ooi Bon-voyage ah! (most Malaysian English has either 'ah' or 'lah' or 'mah' in their conversation)

Joce said: Thanks

*blah blah blah* (I don't mind cause I got free calls from Optus network to Optus users)

Joce said: hey, how come you idiot don't wanna go back? There are cheap flight to Singapore what.....

Lex said: Nah, not this time around. Anyway good luck and have fun in Penang. BON VOYAGE

Third Conversation
When I was using my soon-expire-IDD-card to call my best buddy Reuben (Ah Ben) on his birthday.
PS: This conversation was in Hokkien, dialect which all Penangites speak. As I am from English Ed., I had no idea how to write Hokkien in Mandarin, so I guess I will write in English then.

Lex said: Oii Ah Ben. Wa si Lex ah.
(Hey 'Ben, This is Lex speaking)

Ah Ben said: Hm? Chuchui?
(Hmm? Who?, he don't use my English name....)

Lex said: after being force to tell him my Chinese name..
: Wa si Ee Xiang ah.....
(I am 'chinese name')

Ah Ben said: Ooh. Ooi, hoh seh boh
(Ooh, hey how are you)

Lex said: Hoh seh, wa pah lai sii ai ka lu kong Happy Birthday eh
(Fine, I called to wish you Happy Birthday)

Ah Ben said: Ah than'que than'que. Oii Kwui see tuei lai?
(Ah, thanks. When are you coming back?)

Lex said: Hmm wa hm chai oh. Chap It guet?
(Hmm, I don't know. November?)

*blah blah for awhile and hang up cost too expensive.*

If you had read all the three conversations, you might see some common questions. If you had been skipping all those conversations, I got nothing to say....Wasted my time typing that interesting conversations that I hand picked out....

There is always 'When are you coming back?' 'Come backlah', 'Kwui see tuei lai?' etc etc. The problem is that I am not sure. And I don't think this is my time yet. Not my time to go back yet. I still got so many things to see and explore in Australia, and to learn as well. Hehehe.

Although I missed heaps of people from Malaysia, both Penang and KL, I dont reckon it is time for me to come back yet. Although I missed and drooled for Penang's foods, I don't reckon it is time yet.

PS: Millions thanks to those who concern about me! I will be back sooner or later, for awhile. Hahaha

3 comments:

aims said...

Very interesting conversations, the Hokkien one is my favourite though, lol.

Yea, I understand how you feel cos I'm always bombarded by such questions as well. Like you, it's not the time for me yet.

Anonymous said...

ya lar (a slang by Malaysian) woi(kind of "hey" commonly used by Malaysian Chinese!!!

When you coming back????

Miss you d leh (another slang)!!!

Anyway, enjoy your stay in Australia! In any means also I am sure the place is nicer than Malaysia!!! Maybe except the food, since I loooooooovvveeee penang hawker food!!!

Leon-G said...

Oh, thanks for your Manglish tips!!!!! Hehehe. Yeah, I reckon Aus is better than Malaysia, just so relax and not too rushy! Come to Melbourne, you will actually get more good foods compared to Penang.

Yes no doubt Penang's Chinese hawker food is THE BEST. But over there, they have like Vietnam/Thai/African/Greek foods at every corner! You just need to know where to go!! Hehehe. Come to Aus for your honeymore!!!!