Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ushering the New Year 2007

The day started with me waking up super duper early in the morning (7am) to start travelling back to Melbourne. I don’t really mind because I want to make it on time for my New Year Celebration. After 8 hours of travelling from Hahndorf, South Australia, to Melbourne, I was bloody energetic. Not knackered at all, I wonder why? Anyway right after my dinner, I head to the train station. I was lucky to get the train, hope next year will have the same kind of luck.

In the train, there were heaps of people and the smell of the odour wasn’t pleasant. Too bad I did not take the picture and no point because it won’t come out good. When I reached Flinders Street Station, there were already about 40 thousands people in the street and over the Federation Square. 40 THOUSANDS PEOPLE, luckily I can contact my friends and informed them where I will be standing and waiting. After I met up with Wayne and Ammie, we made our way to the bridge to see the ‘Family Fire Display’ at 9.15pm. These fireworks are for the families which have kids and they need to sleep early. First round of fireworks were superb. We stood over the bridge and finished watching it. The bridge was divided into two sides, and the crowd are directed to walk like the way cars will drive. At the end of the firework display, as we need to go back to the Federation Square, we need to take a U-ie at the other end of the bridge. We basically walked like cows and sheep walking to be de-furred. Some said we walked like Fairy Penguins walking toward the beaches.

Ludwina called us and called us to find her in Subway. When we reached Subway, we were direct to Mackas. When we tried our way to Mackas, she call us to wait for her in Hungry Jack instead…

Plan wasn’t going well, so we go ahead with our pub hunting. We tried looking at Lt Collins St and Lt Bourke St and still no luck. Guess this year will be the most awake New Year. Anyway we hurried back to the Yarra River and forced our way to the riverbank. The fireworks are from the Yarra River and if we sit in the riverbank, we will have spectacles view of the fireworks. At that time, Ammie and I were already tired, but the fireworks brought us to life! For total of 15minutes, and 5 spots around that area, the companies who sponsor these definitely lose quite a bit of dough.

After the display, we went to Starbucks. This is my first year with present of caffeine in my blood, instead of alcohol. It was already 2pm when I managed to track my cousin and aunt down. Although Ludwina did call us to go pub, Lounge, I could not take it anymore. If I were to wake up at 12pm that morning, maybe I will go. But today was just too much. Non stop travelling in the car and today was 8 hours straight.

This is also my first year in somewhere nicer, in Melbourne! Well even though now is quite late, I still want to wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best in this year ahead!


All you see are heads.....


Wayne, Ammie and me over the Yarra riverbank

No comments: