Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Religions

Food of the Day: Belacan Fried Mantis Prawn (Lai Lui Har)

If you looked carefully, I had a lot of foods that I wanted to eat that is in Belacan. Yes, I LOVE Belacan so that much. Besides most of the good Penang foods has some Belacan in it. It is either a love it or hate relationship: Westerner might find it unbearable, just like durian; but personally, it's fragrant is top notch!

Okay okay, I have 10 mintues left, before I need to return to my studies.... Low life ay?.... Recently, I refuged back to my aunt house for the weekend, after my Bioactive final exam. WHY? Heaps of people asked me that, since I still have two more papers, one is at TOMORROW.... Yet, I am writing this blog..... Oh, back to the main point, I went back to city because Dalai Lama came to Melbourne!!!!

My aunt who is a benefactor forDalai Lama, so I get to go to see him close-up. Okay, reach city on Friday, but I only went to the teaching on Saturday. When I stepped in the Rod Laver Avenue stadium, what I saw surprised me.

Before saying what is so surprising, I shall tell you people something. Almost every Sunday, when I am in city, I will follow my aunt to an Indian Bhajan (chanting session). When I first arrived in Aus, I was surprised to see there are some Aussie in the Bhajan, don't even mention they can sing the indian chanting better than I do. Back to the Dalai Lama teaching, in the stadium, it was dominated by two third of Aussie, with BLOND hair. Local Aussie, I do not mean Asian Aussie, came all the way from Adelaide. They even wrote down every single deep teachings that I myself (a Buddhist) could not understand and half asleep.... Hehehehehe. Not a good Buddhist ay?

Yeah, then when I was chatting with my Ammie, she was saying world is mixing. Yeah, true. Asian following Westerner religions (Christianity), while the Westerner (including the Aussie) follow Asian religions! Any religion is better than no religion at all. Dalai Lama did stress that religion is very important even in this century.

Disclaimer: I am not prejudising about other religions. I have no right to do that. So please regard this entry of this idiot as craps.

2 comments:

karine said...

whoa coolness! You got to meet the Dalai Lama! I only heard about it but I didn't exactly know when he was going to Melbourne. But even if I did know I'd curse the timing.. T__T I'm really curious to see what he has to say even if I probably won't understand what he's getting at.

Haha, I'm not a very good Bhuddist either, I don't even know its teachings apart from what we had to learn in History in Form5~

Which is why I'm always amazed at people who really believe in their religion, cause my level of faith isn't as high as theirs. But not those extremist idiots who try to convert every dog and cat on the street.

Leon-G said...

Not only I can get to see him in close up. When we were taking photos as Benefactors, he suddenly popped behind me (I am not a benefactor, but my aunt is; so I get to take picture as one. hehehehe).
That time I was to amaze and shock by His Holiness, that I forgot to touch his hand.... Argh.....