Friday, December 01, 2006

Where my future lies?

These few days, I've had some up and down moments. These up and down moments always related to my future. Where will it lies? Well I'm very unpredictable, so is my future UNPREDICTABLE like Australian weather (cited from My Aunt, 2006).

First up moment will be when my supervisor Kirsten Shliephake (or Kirsten only) told me that people in Australian Sustainable Industiral Research Centre (ASIRC) are very impressed with my work and my enthusiasm! She added that if I want to do honours, she can help me find more scholarships from ASIRC as well as other companies!!!!Hurrah!!!!

Then down moment will be when I get my results. It is not a complete down, but I am a bit disappointed with Environmental Microbiology which only get low credit (C)... You need at least high credit (65-69) average to be appointed with honours programme. Hopefully next year they will be more lenient to those wanting to apply for honours.

After a few days of down, I've got a up moment again! This research I am currently doing, might be just an introduction to a possible 1 Year Honours programme (of course I will be the one doing it, because I've started it). Kirsten was saying this Third Year research will be a carrot luring the Transfield Service people in giving us grants in doing the 1 Year research more related to Biodegradation! At the same time, my down is that this research project will be more related to Instrumental Analysis than Microbiology.

No worries, all I need to do is score well for the coming Industrial and Food Microbiology unit, with hopefully enough Distinction for my other units to enable me for Honours Application and enough MONEY for my Honours. But for now, I need to enjoy my summer!!!

PS: You might be wondering, why this idiot suddenly want to take up Honours? The answer is: I am trying to get Aussie PR which need you to study in Oz for at least 2 years.... Why not go back Malaysia? Sorry I am not a patriot and I don't think the Chinese in Malaysia is treated they way they should. But partly will be the money. How much I've spent in Oz, could not covered up if I work in Malaysia.....

No comments: