Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bushfire!!!!!!!

This time around, Australia is always almost covered by bushfire... This bushfire happen almost every year, until those who stay in the regional place know the tactic of 'shoo-ing' the bushfire away.

One of my friend, Ben (B.Webb from Post grad Science) recently told me how they channel the fire and let the fire go around the house! What a brilliant idea. At first I thought it was impossible, but most of those people in the country do that, by putting off fire around the house. They definitely need to continue doing that non-stop and by looking at my friend's size, I am sure they can do it. He is double my size and about 3 feet taller than me....

Oh Okay. Speaking of bushfire, some people might wonder why this happens everywhere... In Biological Science term, the eucalyptus tree which is only found in Oz has volatile oil which excretes out during summer and due to the oven hot weather, burn is easily ignited. What fascinating about these trees are they have seedling which could only germinate when they were subjected to heat and fire! The studous parent tree basically need to burn to death only to let the offspring out! Touching. Hahaha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh while we were in the story with the name of Ben, let me tell you all something.
There are heaps of Ben in Australia. It is like John in US, the most common name. I know like 4 of them, all in Aus. Although Ben Ho is not an Aussie, but he is in Aus. He is counted in as well. Hehehe. There is two Bens from Science, one Post grad and another is only Under grad (Ben HO/Who?. hehehe). Then there is Ben from Arts and then there is Ben from don't know which faculty but stayed in South3. There is another Ben from some other place and currently crashing over my friend's house. How many Ben is in Aus? I wonder...

Okay enough of crapping, time to watch Nip/Tuck Season4!!!!The story getting so so complicated, I starting to dislike it...........

No comments: