Sunday, August 10, 2008

Taste of Belachan

Just a short entry to tell you my whereabouts. It has been awhile since I bloggged. I was pretty buggered from my trip back to Aus and I was busy with getting all the documents together for my permanent residency application.

I actually travelled for 24 hours from Malaysia to Melbourne. That's crazy hour of travelling, it sounded like I am staying in UK, where travelling for such amount of time is considered to be normal. How can I go from 8 hours of flight to 24 hours? Okay, let make them into a list!

2.00 pm (Malaysian time) - Reach Penang Airport
3.00 pm - Flight took off from Penang
4.00 pm - Reach LCCT Airport in KL
10.00 pm - Fly back to Aus (after 6 hours of transit)
5.00 am - Reached Gold Coast (7 am Aussie time)
1.00 pm - Fly back to Melb (after 6 hours of transit)
3.00 pm - Reach Melbourne (pretty buggered, and doped)

There you go, 24 hours. When I touch down Melbourne, it was pretty dark already. Thank god my uncle came and fetch me. I actually slept in Coolangatta Airport, on the benches and hugging all my luggages. I might be sleeping with a big mouth opened, and if there were flies, I could have shallowed heaps of them!

Now I am working my ass of to get all the documents ready. Body check, academic transcript, completion letter, etc etc. Thank to my cousin who fixed the internet connection, so now I can use the internet from my computer!

I guess I should stop ranting about what happened. Now that I am back in Melbourne, with coldness surrounding me, I should be please and be grateful.

When I was in Penang, I also had a lot of belachan foods!!!! Belachan Water Spinach, Belachan Chicken and Belachan Mantis Prawn!!!! So below is the picture of Belachan Chicken. The picture did not do its justice, of course the taste and smell are way better than what its appearance over here. I took it from my home, after my dad brought them back from the hawker stall. Oh btw, I will be writing about another good restaurant that I had back in Penang. It is called Tao, at somewhere I can't remember. It is a Japanese restaurant, although it has a so called Chinese name. I will talk about it soon!
Till then!

-lex-

2 comments:

Walter said...

I like Belachan. haha...my housemate introduced it to me when I was in Churchill. Then, I bought a brick of belachan myself and took it home. Lovely!!

I wonder...is it the cheapest way to flied back to Melbourne? That's the reason you spent almost one day for the trip.

Leon-G said...

Yeah, that's the cheapest way to fly back to Melbourne. And I did not brought it myself, my sister convinced me after endless nagging....