Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tao - A Japanese Feast

Like I said, I will post about the restaurant that I went with my family during my Penang trip. I think I should call that a Penang trip cause I was in Penang 90% of the time. I missed Penang foods a lot you know.....

Anyway the restaurants I went were all very classy this time around. No longer squatting at the road side while eating a bowl of wan tan mee. I never do that anyway. But Penang has developed so much that I was ooh-aah-ing for the first few days, and my friend got annoyed by that.
The restaurant Tao is located in E-Gate, don't really know how to describe it cause I was there only a few times.

It is a Japanese buffet and the best thing is they serve you per order, and drinks are included! These means they only cook the foods per order and drinks are mostly juices and japanese tea! I think you'll have to look on your own and compare it to the rest of the fishes in the sea. The front banner.
I think this running water have something to do with fengshui..... But it does looks like the person from the other side of the wall was peeing over the wall into the vase?
Very zen style. All the wall was decorated with bamboo.
Scallops! Yummy, but not as fresh and big as those from Aus
Sashimi!!!! My fav!!!! They are very good actually. Ordered heaps of them
Can't remember what is that. Could be Salmon Teriyaki
Prawn Tempura
Grilled Eel. The waiter was very friendly and help us heaps. We were suppose to finish the rice, but being a clever and calculative Chinese, we don't want to eat the rice and reduce the stomach space for other good foods. Although they weren't allow to take the dishes if we havent finish ALL the foods, one of them just quietly sneak that away!
Some tofu dishes, can't remember what it is called, something start with "A"
Tempura prawn sushi!
Something pipi. Can't remember, it has been awhile and my memory is as bad as the next goldfish
Some fried udon. I don't really like them cause I was bloated by then.
Deep fried mantis prawn. Likie!
Lamb Chop. That's very yummy. Only my dad and I ate them, cause others don't like the taste. And how my dad and I enjoyed that!

I think we ordered almost all the dishes that they can offer from Tao. Okay, except all the sushi. We are not suppose to eat rice in these restaurants. You might wonder how much this restaurant costed?

RM49 per person. How cheap!!!!!! I gained 1 extra kg after that night...... But I would love to go back to this restaurant next time when I am in Penang. Maybe this time I will go to the one in mainland Penang cause they said the mainland branch have better foods and decoration. I am not sure.

No comments: