Friday, August 01, 2008

Seafoods at Teluk Kumbar

I probably should say that I could not live up to my promise... I did say that I will not over-indulge when I am back in Penang. But I did. Now I am an all-rounded person, with a big round tummy, all thanks to the foods in Penang and a hyper persuasive mother.

Once they heard of what I wanted to eat, there we go, our next destination. I have been eating all those good foods and I should say I am indulging every single bit of it! Oh well, since I will only be in Penang for 3 months, and next Monday I will be flying back to Melbourne. So it is understandable that people will try to shove as much foods as possible into a tiny opening at the front of my face called mouth.

I did not go anywhere other than mainland Penang. I don't need to, cause this trip is suppose to be my Makan Trip, and my Home Trip. Most of the day it was so hot, I was scared of going out during day time! So I normally go out for dinner, and sometime being cheated to attend a Drink-All-You-Want feast with my friends....

Anyway, talking about the seafoods restaurant, it is a beach front restaurant. Once I said beach front restaurant, you might think it will be very classy and all those expensive stuffs. As a matter of fact, it is not classy and not at all expensive. I think for 5 persons, it only costed us about RM50. Which is about rm10 per person, with the seafoods, it is Al-CHEAPO!

Normally we get to sit on the beach and eat our seafoods, but since that day it was a raining day, all of us have to squat below a shelter. I did check whether the shop is still open, thinking it might be washed away by tsunami in 2004. After making sure the shop is still there, we hopped onto my brother in law's car and off we went!

The restaurant was behind an abandoned building, and it is very easy to miss that place. We missed that before and had to make a U-ie and drive superbly slow, making a row of cars driving slowly behind us, just to get into the driveway into the restaurant.

This is the front of the restaurant, it is a very small house aka restaurant with tables and chair all around the beach. The blue boxes are where they keep the seafoods, not in a very classy aquarium for the fishes. Remember, this is not a classy restaurant, but their foods are way better than those that charged us through our nose.

This is Sambal Kangkung aka Water spinach with sambal belacan sauce. My favorite!!!! Yummy.

Deep fried sotong, or squid!


This is Salad He-Koh, or Mantis Prawn Salad. Although it is very yummy, other people were saying it was a bit small.



Some kind of cockles. Can't remember the name of the cockles, but the sauce was very very good!

This is the last dishes, the CRAB!!!!!
Oh wait, I've forgotten to take the Satay's picture. That satay is very different from other satay, cause the satay was grilled with the spicy sauce! So yummy I could not remember to take it's picture.

No comments: