Monday, February 05, 2007

Melbourne Trip - Makan Trip

It was 6am in the morning. I was woken up by my bloody stupid alarm clock of my mobile phone. I remembered now, Wayne and I are heading to the city. Yeah you get me right, 6am wake up just for city ‘dwelling’. I was convincing myself that Wayne would not able to wake up at this ungoshly hour and I should just go back to sleep. But my room phone rang and disproved my convincement. It was already 6.10am when I realise I really need to be at the bus stop at 6.45am…

Rush rush rush, was pretty blur with everything exactly. Well manage to pack my clothes and other junks into 1 bag. Other stuffs were kinda blur. Reach Morwell earlier than we planned for and headed to city earlier! Just when we were about to reach city, we were being FFK-ed (Fong Fay Kay-ed) by Ammie… Second time of FFK-ing. Anyway, reach Melbourne early and Vivien hadn’t wake up yet. Both of us are being stupid and bored, went to hunt for a cheap and good place to cut my hair.

Hunted for quite sometime and place, around Chinatown, and around Melbourne Central. Little that we know, when we were about to give up home (or I was about to give up home), we found a salon. Cheap, 20 bucks with washing the hair, and a great cut by a Korean guy. Luckily we were up early and there was not much appointment that day. I am so damn happy, finally found some great stylist who can cut my hair without me regretting it when I go out of the salon. Wayne’s hair was cut by a local Aussie, typical Aussie boring type. Sorry Wayne, I need to snatch the Korean stylist.

We were just too free that the reason we went down to City was because of Wayne’s convincing me about pretty showgals and cars for the F1-showcase. It turns out to be just an old unused F1 car with a plump Indian lady with uniform…. Total disaster! But that Haircut was a total Success! After taking so grafitti pictures, we went to hunt for Chee Heong’s Olympus camera cable. It was bloody expensive, 53bucks for 1 cable…

That was about that time when Vivz called me. Went to Melbourne Central to find her and we started heading to place for Dim Sum (for lunch). Just when we were walking to Chinatown, along Swanton Street, we passed Ghao Khin (reckon it spelt that way), Vivz was saying Chun Yau was working over there. After long time spotting him, we did went in and dine, just of Chun Yau sake. Hehhee

Thai foods were nice; soft shelled crab with spicy papaya salad! Oh the toilet was even better; both Vivz and I agreed on that. Not that I went to the same toilet with Vivz… Anyway, then we head to Smith Street. Quite far from the CBD, no idea how to go there in the beginning. When we reach CBD, Wayne had only 1 hour before he need to go back to Gippsland. I will be staying overnight in my aunt place, so being more relax than him.

Now I know why my other friends like to go Smith Street! A road with all the factory outlet from the famous sportwears: Adidas, Nike, Fila, Billabong etc etc. They were bloody cheap as well. But I need to stop buying. After 2 hours over there, Wayne really need to go back to Flinders Street Station.

Send him off; Vivz and I started walking up the CBD, was planning to call it a day. Then realise I will be meeting my Aunt in Vic Market at 8.30pm. Went for a drink (because both of us are thirsty) at a restaurant of an alley. Unique Melbourne style restaurant. Then as it was still early, we went back to Vivz place and had a few chit chat with Audrey.

After The Simpsons, we went out for dinner. Was planning to go to Jackies Kitchen, but that place on that day was eccentrically and unbelievably empty. Dare not to go in and dine, we headed to a Korean restaurant. That place was awesome, good Korean style foods, too bad I can’t eat beef and Audrey and Vivien can’t eat spicy. All we had are Chicken Bibimbap, Chicken Ginseng, and some mix veggie hotplate. The dishes were so huge, but luckily we can finish those.
Of course the other days involved of me hidding in the house for fear of the 38 degree day and having Peking Duck!!! Yummy!!!
PS. No Peking Duck picture. Hand is just too dirty to take any picture

No comments: