Sunday, January 20, 2008

Steamy Fish

Yesterday I felt the sadness of animals in the zoo. Being looked at and pointed at. Being throwed at with rubbish and foods that is no good for them. That is what I felt last nite. Hahaha. Okay it is not as bad as what I have just described, but it is definitely awkward.

Felt like this, but I am wearing clothes. Definitely. Hahaha. Ps: Picture taken from other blog. Can't remember where I got them. But pretty funny!

After beating around the bush for so damn long. I should have told you guys what was humiliating and embarrassing me.

Wing Sze and I was cooking Chinese steamed fish yesterday, since the day before we brought ourselves two fishes from Midvalley. After cooking, we eat your dinner as usual, outside the common room. But yesterday Dee and Kara's friends came over to stay and party. I reckon Kara is the one who saw the fish first. She was so amazed, that she yelled out for everyone in the house to see our lovely little (big Red Fish) fish. Hahaha... Everyone was looking in awe and amaze by way we eat it. With heads and tails attached.... Dee was the one who looked with a big crotch-hole. It is good she did not break down and cry, since she is a vegetarians because she loves animals too damn much. Hahaha.

On the other hand, we tried to tell everyone that we Asians EAT the fish this way. It is much more fresher and nicer than eating them in flakes. But oh well, this is their culture. Never eat anything that had heads and tails in them.

Chinese steamed fish. I took this picture from another person's blog as well. If you want to know how to cook it, just click over the link.

9 comments:

Walter said...

You can find this kind of fish at Midvalley? From Safeway (Still Safeway?)?

I am lazy as I seldom look for fish to make steamed fish. I usually buy fish fillet and put them in the oven.

Lingzie said...

my friend came back to penang for a holiday and she brought along a friend from the US who refused to eat any seafood with the head or tail attached!! so we had to settle for fish fillet or prawns that have been de-shelled... they don't know what they're missing right? :)

Leon-G said...

Walter: Yeah we brought it from Midvalley, next to the veggie shop. Now there is no more Bi-Lo, it is Coles instead. There is still Safeway though.

Lingzie: Yeah. Totally! The whole fish is definitely fresher than flakes!!!

Walter said...

Lex: Have you let your Aussie buddies to try Asian style "Chili Sauce"(it actually is fried chili with oil)?

When I was living in West House, I got a little bottle of this Chili Sauce which I bought it from Melbourne's China Town. An Aussie housemate passed by and asked whether we could let him try my chili sauce. Then, I gave him a very very little bit on his steak.

After he ate it, he screamed and run around in the West House and looking for water!!! hahaha...then he said he would never eat chili.

Leon-G said...

Hahaha. My housemates can't stand chili at all. None of them can. So none of them will try my foods. AND, being a Malaysian, I love to eat spicy foods.

So I guess they are not that stupid to try something they won't able to take. Hahaha. But I would like to see how they run for water. hhehehehe

Walter said...

I knew a Thai who is studying Monash Gippsland and was living in West House.

I visited his house. He was watching TV. Just like us, he eats snacks while watching TV. Do you know what he's eating? "Fried small hot chili指天椒".

For me, a tiny portion of this fried small chilli can make me died!!! But he looks as usual. He eats these chili like we eats chips.

Leon-G said...

Wow. Although I don't know what the chinese words means, but it sounded pretty hot. I wont eat the small chili either, not just by itself.

Most of my Hong Kong friends here cant really stand spicy foods. No offends there. But of course there are some exceptional!

Nic said...

I just realize when I read this...that only we Asians eat fish this way. Haha.

Leon-G said...

Yeah, you will never notice it if you stay with Asians anyway. Hahaha
Just when you stayed with a local (aussie) then only you will realised that.