Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mahjong麻雀


These few days I did not blog as often as I did. This is because MAHJONG! I started playing mahjong only after I reach Australia... First game was in Daylesford's vacation house, played with one bunch of aunties and gay uncles (they are my aunt's mahjong group friend)...

Then last last week, Kelvin (my housemate) start asking people to play mahjong. Although I played a few games in Daylesford, we were playing beginner mahjong. No "13 yu" no this and that.... Play the few round, but really suck in that. I had no idea how to do strategies. Luckily Kel still good enough to teach me, using the hard way.... He might be a good teacher, but the method of teaching he used is something like the Singaporean Army Force (SAF).... Okay, let's introduce to people what is Mahjong.

It was believe Mahjong derived from Confusious, THE greatest philospher of China. Like normal poker cards, every pattern have 4 similar tiles. There are big tiles: East, South, West, North, Red Dragon 中(middle), Green Dragon (prosperity), White Dragon (white board). Then of course you have Dots, Bamboos, and Character tiles.
Mahjong is a very good game because it need you to think quite a lot, when you are doing strategy. What kind of strategy? Well depends on your luck as well. They said when you loved your tiles enough, all the good one will come to you. If not, the one that you throw out, will come back.... Anyway, not going to talk much about mahjong. Want to know more, go google it yourself. Busy playing mahjong.
開桌!!!!!!

5 comments:

hui ru said...

ooo.. i wanna play mahjong too!!!! but here. noone to play with la.. -_-!

Leon-G said...

No worries, when I come back, we play together! If you still have heart to find me. And IF I go down KL.... Hehehe

Walter said...

When I was in West House, I heard that a Hong Kong student (an immigrant) has brought a set of mahjong to Churchill. But I never seen this.

Leon-G said...

I thought Hongkies like to play mahjong as well? It is fun, and need a lot of thinking. Not good when you have heavy assignments after that. Will have headache-ish later.....

Walter said...

Hi Lex.

Some Hongkongers love mahjong very much. But I am not.

I usually play pokers game with guys at West House.