Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sale RAAF Base trip

Today's started with normal boring day of lectures (Abnormal pyschology is making me abnormal). Then right after the lecture finished, there was where the fun began. I was currently taking the Third Year research project with ASIRC (Australian Sustainable Industrial Research Center) and I will be the characterisation of RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) fire extinguisher foam-water wastewater.
Reached Sale after 45 minutes of traveling by car and we were greeted by that Plane. We went in and get out visitor pass and inside what we do I don't think that will interest anyone.
On the way back, my good supervisor purposely drove pass the Loy Yang Power Station and its coal pit to amaze me! And I was amazed!! The size of the coal pit is twice the size of Monash Gippsland campus (including the residential houses). Then we drove through the highway in which the left side is the coal pit and the right side is the power station. And the coal was transported through the tunnel!!



















The dark brown part was the coal pit with enormous size

1 comment:

Leon-G said...

Oh pls, this is not my first trip in Aussie....You think I m that study-all-the-time-type guy? I went to heaps of places, This trip was part of my research project. The Power Station was a drop-by place. The purpose of the trip was RAAF